The Madeline Centre staff works with children and their families in the home based counseling providing support through individual counseling, family therapy, crisis management and linking with community resources. Our services include highly skilled professional child and adolescent counseling for at-risk youth.
Our goals are:
- Empower the parents and child, so that the child can remain in the home.
- To preserve the integrity of the family.
- To reduce the stress level in the family and strengthen the family’s coping skills and capacity to function.
- To link and advocate with appropriate community resources.
- To improve the parent -child relationship and thereby decrease negative behavior.
- To create positive role models for parents and children.
- To broaden children and families’ horizons by linking to positive experiences in the community such as employment, education, hobbies, sports,and volunteer work.
- To help children and families heal from the traumas of the past, so they can live fuller more meaningful lives.