The Madeline Centre behavioral specialist services provide trained staff who work with children one-on-one in classroom settings. Their purpose is to help at risk children be successful at school.
The goals of this program are:
- Help the child to adjust to classroom setting.
- Monitor child’s behavior and help them to behave responsibly.
- Work with classroom teacher to integrate child into classroom.
- Allay child’s fears and reduce stress level.
- Provide outlets for frustration such as time outs or play time.
- Help child focus on school work and assist when necessary.
- Coordinate services with classroom teacher and principal.
- Communicate with parents to discuss difficulties and reinforce positive changes.