That no children would be without the support and environment that would foster their growth to its fullest potential…That no children sees their temporary state as a permanent condition…That every family is empowered to provide for its child’s needs and…That our clinicians maximize their God given talents to better the lives of every family they meet.
Going the Extra Mile- Our staff is dedicated to Madeline’s values of selfless service, love and faith. We are willing to commit our resources to address unmet needs. And we are committed to creative use of resources to fill clients needs.
- Expanding your World-We are willing to work with our client where the client needs to be worked with. Your environment is our environment
- Committed to Healing (Your) Family Pain
- Emphasis on Love Based Responses to Improve Family Relationships.
- Staff Training is a high priority-We are committed to providing high quality and experienced staff.
- Our therapeutic family honors the richness and tradition of your family.
- Our diverse team of professionals come from all walks of life experience and are able to help you to solve the challenges of your life. We utilize an therapeutic approach developed by the nationally recognized Post Institute.
- Staying in Touch-Our team provides comprehensive reports and communications with family, agencies and schools on your behalf.
- Quality Assurance- Our senior staff involvement insures that our standards of service and therapeutic goals are met.
The Madeline Centre is an extension of Madeline’s legacy. Its goal is to link our family of therapists to your family is done by providing ethically-based and therapeutically-sound intensive in-home and day treatments services to children, adolescents, and their families.
Its director, Dr. Deborah Berkley, has an extensive background in the delivery of a vast array of therapeutic services, as well as an expertise in the development and implementation of child, adolescent, and family psycho-educational programs. Dr. Berkley is committed to spearheading the most effective children services programs in Central and Southside Virginia. She practices a “hands-on” approach, and participates with her carefully selected and exceptionally trained Registered Nurses, Bachelor’s and Master’s level therapists, and Licensed Professional Counselors in providing the therapeutic tools necessary for meaningful change. It is her goal to assist The Madeline Centre clients in a greater awareness of “what life CAN be.”
The Madeline Centre provides time-limited interventions for a child or adolescent who is at risk of removal from the home and/or therapeutic assistance to a child or adolescent who is in the process of transitioning back to the family following an out-of-the-home placement. We also provide school based treatment using either behavioral specialists, who work with a child all day long, or in select schools day treatment services for children who do not need such intensive interventions.
Our services include:
- Individual and Family Counseling
- Day Treatment Services
- Behavioral Skills Counseling
- Behavioral Specialists
- Communication Skills Counseling
- Crisis Intervention and Stabilization 24 Hour Emergency Response
- Case Management/Coordination of Services
- 72 Hour Initial Staffing
- Medicaid Certified
- Supervision of Aspiring LPC’s
- Play Therapy Room
- Activity office for Therapeutic Session work